Following the armistice of November 1918, the German government closed the Half Moon Camp. They returned most remaining prisoners to their home countries.
Because of the Russian civil war, some former Russian prisoners of war remained around the camp until the early 1920s.
A small Muslim population living in Berlin visited the mosque on high holidays until around 1925. At that time, communities built a mosque in Berlin-Wilmerdork and no longer used the mosque at the Half Moon Camp.
Around 1930, the building fell into disrepair and Germany demolished the mosque. The German military built barracks and garages for tanks around the former camp.
In the late 2010s, Germany housed refugees from Syria, Iraq and Iran in the town of Wünsdorf, the place where the Half Moon Camp stood one hundred years prior. Many of the refugees were fleeing from ISIL-controlled areas in their home countries.